Thursday, June 5, 2014

Eeyore Ear Hat

Turn a Mickey Mouse Ear Hat into an Eeyore hat!

As I showed in previous posts, Nightmare Before Christmas' Sally Ear Hat, and Winnie the Pooh's Rabbit Ear Hat, I like making hats for more obscure Disney characters. Disney has started making hats of characters like Donald, Goofy, Tink, etc; but every time I go to Disneyland, the Cast Members go crazy for my homemade ear hats! I made these Eeyore ears for my mom.

Front of Hat

Back of Hat

The supplies you need are all found at the fabric/craft store, except the plain black Mickey Mouse hat from Disneyland/World. You can even use scraps if you can find the right colors. The hair is a soft black yarn that I brushed out and sewed down. The Bow is made from the same fabric as the inner ear. The ears are just cut out, sewn inside out, then turned out and sewed to the hat. The "nail" that holds the tail is a really cool button I had in my box of buttons. The ears are painted with craft paint mixed from a few colors, then sprayed with clear varnish. It's all hand sewn.  Please leave comments or questions, I love to hear people liking my work!

Here is a picture of us with our Rabbit and Eeyore hats with Winnie the Pooh. I bought a Rabbit plush, and gave him a mini ear hat to wear (It's a keychain sewed to his head with key ring removed)

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow eeyore lover I adore this. Have you ever thought about selling your hats? I would love to pay you to make me an eeyore hat. I am not crafty at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Several people have asked if I'd sell them, but I think the folks at Disney might take issue with that, so I don't.

      Delete